Commitment and aligned action to your mission, values, strategies, and goals.
A lot of people think high employee satisfaction leads to a higher level of engagement (and motivation, productivity, etc.). The truth is that someone can be satisfied with their job but not necessarily motivated or engaged to be productive. Consider these differences:
A satisfied employee is:
- Happy with their compensation
- Pleased with their work schedule
- Feels their needs are being met by their employer
An engaged employee is:
- Strongly motivated and enthusiastic about their work
- Invested in the success of the business
- Team-oriented and inspired by their leadership and coworkers
Think of it this way – A satisfied employee is content; they show up every day and do their job. To them, this is a job that meets their needs and they will do what is required to maintain the status quo. On the other hand, an engaged employee invests their time and energy into pushing the envelope. They are not only satisfied with their job, but they are committed to the company’s mission, aligned with its values, and driving growth.
Our Suite of Services
As a Leverage Partner, you'll get access to our team of experts, plus the full suite of employee engagement services: